1) A student in the master’s program must obtain a total of 24 credits in courses on research methodology and in their chosen research area. Credits earned from other departments can be used to fill this requirement, only under the discretion of the student’s advisor or the graduate program director.
=> Submit A08 to the administrative office
2) Students decide advisor designated courses in psychology with the academic advisor’s discretion at the first semester. “Advisor designated courses” are mandatory extra credits which are not included in the total credits required for the degree. Students must submit a “Advisor designated courses” form by the discretion of the academic advisor. The courses can be designated up to five courses and non-psychology majors should take at least two undergraduate courses in psychology.
=> After discussion with the advisor when admitted, input in your PORTAL and submited the printed paper to the administrative office (including the redempted students)
3) If any of these requirements should change during the course of the student’s term, he/she can choose between the old and the revised requirements, when authorized by the graduate program director.
4) Credits earned from other departments can be approved only under the discretion of the student’s advisor.
5) A student in the master’s program can take the doctoral courses only under the discretion of the student’s advisor.
** Remarks **
a. PSY1104 Professional Issues in Mind, Brain and Psychologicla Science is mandatory upto students admitted until year 2017.
b. 2 credits of Research guidance are to be taken every semester.
c. Combined Bachelor’s/Master’s degree program students: a maximum of 12 credits acquired by a student of a combined bachelor’s/master’s degree program who enters a master’s degree program after having taken a course offered by a graduate school may be acknowledged, provided that such credits exceed the required minimum for graduation from the undergraduate program. (Article 25-3)
d. Credit acknowledgement for undergraduates: a maximum of 6 credits acquired by an undergraduate of the University who enters into a master’s or an integrated master-doctoral degree program in the same field as his/her undergraduate major after having taken basic common courses offered by a graduate school may be acknowledged, provided that such credits exceed the required minimum for graduation from the undergraduate program. Details pertaining to the credits acquired before admission shall be separately provided. (Article 25-2)
=> Submit A13 to the administrative office
e. Those required to take advisor designated courses may register up to 15 credits including the courses designated. However, credits acquired by taking advisor designated courses shall not be counted toward credits required for degree completion or GPA calculation. (Atricle 29)
f. Domestic Exchange Studens : For each semester, a maximum of three credits acquired at an exchange graduate school shall be acknowledged. The total number of credits acknowledged shall be 6 for master’s degree programs and 12 for doctoral degree programs. (Article 107)
=> Submit A10 to the administrative office
Grades assigned at an exchange graduate school must be recorded in numeric format.
g. Time limits for course : minimum 2 years. maximum 6 years (Dedline for Dessertation Submissions)