3. The program for students admitted into the doctoral program without a master’s degree
(Integrated Master-Doctoral Program)
1) Students admitted into the doctoral program without a master’s degree must take a total of 54 credit hours. Credit hours earned from other departments must be approved by the academic advisor or the graduate program director. to be considered as the partial fulfillment of the requirements.
=> Submit A08 to the administrative office.
2) The graduation requirements for students admitted into the doctoral program without a master’s degree are not different from those for the doctoral students. “Advisor designated courses” for these students are not different from those of master’s students.
3) Students in the master’s program may transfer to the doctoral program without a master’s degree if approved by the graduate program director.
4) Students accepted into the doctoral program without a master’s degree are not required to submit a masters’ thesis prior to continuing work towards a doctoral degree. If students decide not to pursue a doctoral degree, a master’s degree may be awarded only to those students who have satisfied the requirements for the master’s program and have successfully defended their master’s theses.
=> Withdrawal from the program : Students voluntarily intending to withdraw from the program shall submit a request for withdrawal during the student registration modification period at the commencement of the semester from which the students seeks their withdrawal to take effect. (Article 82-1)
(Submit I-02 to the administrative office)
5) If any of these requirements should change during the course of the student’s term, he/she can choose between the old and the revised requirements, when authorized by the graduate program director.
6) Credits earned from other departments can be approved only under the discretion of the student’s advisor.
*** Remarks ***
a. 2 credits of Research guidance credits are to be taken every semester.
b. Domestic Exchange Studens : For each semester, a maximum of three credits acquired at an exchange graduate school shall be acknowledged. The total number of credits acknowledged shall be 6 for master’s degree programs and 12 for doctoral degree programs. (Article 107)
=> Submit A10 to the administrative office
Grades assigned at an exchange graduate school must be recorded in numeric format.
c. Time limits for course : minimum 4 years. maximum 12years (Dedline for Dessertation Submissions)
** Can be reduced up to 1year
d. Reduction in the time requirement (Article 80)
a. Applying period : one year reduction - at the commencement of 6th semester
one semester reduction - at the commencement of 7th semester
b. Eligibility : GPA above 4.0 in average with recommendation from the academic advisor.
=> submit I-01 to the administrative office during the registration modification period at the commencement of the semester